Having to Dj The Boring Cocktail Hour Set..

So if your a working dj, I'm sure you've had to at least dj "one" wedding, at least one in your dj career, and if you haven't why not? They pay really well, for the most part weddings musically are not that stressful and you sometimes don't always have to play cheesy line dance songs like the "cha cha slide"...

They'res always the give and takes of dj'ing night clubs compared to weddings. But having said all this I think the most boring unnecessary work in djin a wedding is the cocktail hour/dinner hour.

I don't think djs should be lazy during this time but we sometimes feel very much lesser then when nobody notices that your playing the 4 or 5 Nat King Cole or Frank Sinatra songs they asked for to play during this hour in the first place.

Having caught on after about the 10th wedding that I did, I decided to make a cocktail hour mix. A mix of cocktail jazz and also some of my favorite jazz peaces all in one to create an hour and a half mix. No lyrics, just good old lounge jazz that people can drink, chat and eat too.

To those djs out there who play at weddings I'm sure you know were I'm coming from. I hope you enjoy the mix and hope it helps at the next wedding you dj at.

Thank you for reading and I will continue to try to supply our dj culture with tools to enhance the djs performance.

ImageHost.org


Copy link below and paste into URL:


http://www.mediafire.com/file/ckw7kok1we5o8tr/Wedding Dj Dinner Jazz Mix 2010.mp3.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment